Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mat with Poo

Whew, it's been awhile! It's gonna get longer apart, too, as Fall semester starts. I've decided to try to buck the system and take the Developmental advanced lecture/lab, ride their butts so they don't graduate me before I finish the 2-semester Honors thing. This is going to be my selfish year, I'm gonna do SnB and take an hour mid-week for total hedonism instead of doing STAIRS and working my butt off for people who resent me afterwards because I didn't fix their problem. (Can you tell I'm leaning more towards research these days??? ) Signed up to take the GRE the day before school starts, and as soon as that's done I'll get the apps going. Dr. N "reassured" me yesterday, said I can stick around another year in the lab if I don't get in! AAAAAUGH! If I spend another year as a college senior I'm gonna sprout wings, turn green, grow hair out my nostrils, sh*t fire & explode!

Meantime, here's what's happening on the yarny front:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was NOT supposed to be another cat picture, but Pookie just would not move! This stuff is luscious. Rayon, not silk, but who cares when it's this soft & colorful. Works up like a dream. Probably won't work well for the silk bowls-- that's something we don't want draping around-- but I'm totally coveting this in a sweater or a shawl or a scarf... Anyway, the pattern for this and several other projects will be out with the Wool Peddler ASAP... Definitely in time to whip these puppies up for holiday gifts-- that's the idea!

In other shameless plugs, Stones Throw here in G'town is giving a free dyeing class Saturday the 20th, or, well, free to observe & take notes or $25 if you bring yarn and an old crock-pot. I'm thinking of bringing mine so Bill can't say, "We HAVE a crock-pot," when I want a new crock-pot with the removable innards! But I'll have to sign up fast, there were only a couple spots left last weekend...

And Leah's store is getting closer to opening! I've got her 1/2 convinced to let us adults play in the excavation pit, dig for fossils. I know just as many adults who'd want to do that as kids! Sounds better than a day at Kentucky Kingdom, to me!

And guess who's coming for Xmas? MOM! She finally got some allergy meds she thinks will work. If not we'll just pitch a tent out back. (Just kidding Mom! There's always the barn...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home