Thursday, July 14, 2005

Here, There, Everywhere!

I'm still here! Boy, was I sick! Missed the last part of that swimming session, probably would have missed the RSA convention out in Santa Barbara, had I been invited!!! I liked the comments, when the lab got back-- "Oh, you should have been there, it was right up your alley, that's what they were talking about!" Well, at least I know some of my thinking is on track! I've been invited to next year's-- in Baltimore. Somehow that pales, compared to Santa Barbara...

No new pictures to upload this time-- they're still in the camera-- but here's one from last year that's sorta tempting...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's machine applique'd & quilted in 1 fell swoop using conversation prints, then the "frame" was hand-painted with acrylic and fabric paint before quilting. Anyone can do it! I just cut out the pieces, spray-glued the backs, zig-zagged over the edges with thread to match the background (or some fancy thread, like in the lightning bolts.) Just make sure you spray your pieces either outside or in a box, 'cause you do not want to be snorting spray glue!

In other news, I finished the regular-sized chenille teddy bear, using Jane's pattern for the teddy-bear ornament (one of which she gave me years back, so I could've reverse-engineered it, but this gave me an opportunity to follow a pattern! At least for the bear's face, I sort of veered off after that.) And I finished the Aibhlinn! YAY!!!!! Okay, I still have the last row of the crocheted lace to stick on there, with the beads I just got yesterday. Glass, but they look like jade, and they look super up against the "Pine" Wool-Ease. Leah took me to this hole-in-the-wall bead store down in Lexington, and I got largish glass beads, purple & gold, for the Tweaked bag, too, and we got little friendship beads-- I threaded mine onto an I-wire with some clear glass that look like bubbles, stuck it onto the handle of my buttonhole bag. Sort of like a knitter's charm bracelet or those little things we used to exchange in Girl Scouts-- what were those, anyway?

Team-teaching adult-beginner swimming 4 nights a week again-- this time teaching with Bill, my hubby! He's an ex-SEAL, ex-instructor pilot, used to talking people through computer problems, and just an all-around nice guy, though when he told that lady who was pretending to rescue him, "Pull my finger," I about died. Also have a couple other irons in the fire, and the long-awaited Cellphone Bag pattern is almost finished (along with MY cellphone bag, and nobody's getting this one-- it's MINE!!!) Oops, down girl! My Christmas motto ("Where's mine?") was rearing its ugly head. Just when my Summer-of-05 motto ("Don't dick around!") was doing so well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home