Sunday, June 19, 2005

YAHOO!

Finished the Brain Bag! Still writing up the pattern directions (calling it "Sunshine of my Mind Bag" since it also looks sorta sunshiney, and sounds less gross, and I still have the brain colors listed as one of the options.) The beaded handles turned out great! Took a page out of another Felted Bag KAL member and plaited the straps to make a shoulder "pad" for the top. Those straps are each 4 strands of worsted chained together with a P hook, I think they look just as good as I-cord, are alot faster & easier. Anyway, here's the long-awaited pic!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here's the previous crocheted bag, the experimental one with the flap that sorta butterflied out. Warning to all felted bag crocheters! Knitted bags shrink more in height, crocheted shrink more in width! Always finish to-be-felted crocheted "raw edges" (sides) with a row of sc to pull things together. Too late for this bag, but after Bill manhandled it and I boiled and mashed the flap with a budvase it's decent enough for the Sis's birthday. Heck, she'll probably use it for a cat bed anyway!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Currently working on the rapidly morphing used-to-be-Unbiased bag (in wool, to be felted, instead of sari-silk.) About 1/2-way done, and NOW I come up with an idea for doing it in 1 piece, which would make it deeper, too! AAUGH! Oh well, there's always more yarn.

In other news, I've pretty much decided to go for the research degree, if I can get in. Okay, the work may be a bit boring, except for working with the people, and getting interesting results. I mean the actual rote interviewing & monitoring 100's of people at a whack (since I actually like entering data!) But it's so exciting to actually make a difference in alot of people's lives in 1 fell swoop instead of working like a dog to help people individually. I have the swimming lessons where I can make a difference that way. And as Emily in the lab next door pointed out, it's just a current choice, not a DECISION, meaning I'm not burning any bridges. Actually, what I really want to do more than anything is teach! Either way, clinical or research, will get me there!

1 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Yahoo is right!! It turned out great.. I can't wait to hear how Dr. Nixon likes it. And that wider flap on the other bag looks like a "design feature" {g} She wouldn't really use it for a cat bed on purpose, would she? I know that mine get used that way, but it's because the cats love sleeping on them, not because I put them down for them on purpose..

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home