Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ooooo!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lotsa pics this time, but I'll save the crocheted cellphone holder until I get it felted along with this Tweaked bag (above-- I have to even identify that strange object), which is still almost done and acting more and more like a live octopus. OB the cat even hit it several times yesterday after I laid it on the floor for a bit. Anyway, I want to finish the Tweaked and felt it and the cellphone holder (and miniature xmas tree ornament sized Kureyon bag) and write up the pattern first, so I can throw in the before & after pics of the cellphone holder... And 'cause there's more to see today!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We have FOX KITS! Okay, they're not ours, personally... They're looking pretty healthy this year, too. Still only about 1/4 the size of the adults, so they must've just gotten their gray hair in the last couple weeks. Before that they're coal black, look like little terriers. This one was the 3rd to appear. One was lounging around with its mom under the maple tree when another jumped out and nipped mama-fox in the butt and ran off, came back with kit #3. They're obviously not starving... A little gray fox info: Grays mate for life, just like wolves. A female kit from the previous year often sticks around to help the vixen raise the next year's litter, just like wolves. And grays climb trees. I don't know if wolves climb trees.....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I just have to add this one, because it's beautiful. Sasquatch fog, we call it. Some people wonder why we moved to KY, what the attraction is. When we've got scenery like this and all the advantages of Mission Viejo... Except the beach-- okay I miss the beach... Though I've probably been to the beach more since we've moved here than I did in the last 10 years we lived in CA!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

We moved to South Dakota from CA this June, and I don't miss it at all! The Rapid Hills area is much nicer than the Hollywood Hills. Nice photograph!!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home