Thursday, June 09, 2005

Learning the Ropes...

Okay, things are starting to settle down, thanks to Jane here, the lab-rats at work, and lots of encouragement and help! Now I know why we're called egg-heads, because after each semester we come out fried.

Norm's helping me type here, on my day off. As soon as I figure out the picture linkage trick, I'll post one of Gorgeous Norm (a real girlie-girl, despite the name, who loves all things knit & quilted, and jewelry, too.)

Things are good on the homefront, too. The Brain Bag is starting to look like a brain. The socks (thanks to Jane's suggestion) are going to fit! The crocheted bag turned out great, even if I did have to slash & stitch the inside pocket to fit. Note to self (and everyone here!): Crocheting shrinks much more in width than height! Do not leave "raw edges" (where you turned) without crocheting over them, or you'll end up with skee-whiffled butterfly ruffles!

Okay, Norm, time for pets... Just let me throw in a big THANKYOU to Jane (see her blog in the sidebar) for all her help with the code! It's actually starting to make sense! It's easier than some crochet patterns I've seen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home